Friday, July 21, 2006

Radiator Problemo

So two days ago I was driving back to my apartment with my roomate in the car. We pulled in and got out and immediately noticed the acrid smell and pouring steam/smoke rolling from under my hood. Which is where things technically started going wrong.
The radiator had a crack that some epoxy somewhat fixed. But then there came the gash in the radiator hose, hence the smell/steam. So, after letting the stuff cool down, we cut off the part where the hole was and reclamped the tube down. Which worked fine for two days. And then tonight, I'm going to my friend's uncles and I notice that the temperature begins to rise very, very quickly. By the time I pull in it looked like my hood was on fire beneath, and the smell was terrible. So we poured water into the radiator. Which, I thought, would be a good idea. When I left and came back to my apartment, the same problem again.
The predicament: I'm leaving the Big Town tomorrow for a while to return home. I'm longing for home. For peace. For less stress here and for my fiancee (I think it's with the ee). However, it looks like I'm gonna have to be concerned about making it home in one piece for the 120 mile trek, as well as getting it fixed. And all this with little money. But I know that God will provide for me. He always has, and He always will.
Knowing little about automobiles, I hope that there is nothing too wrong. Or too expensive. I hope that by buying a new hose that my problem will be fixed. Hopefully. I'd like to be home. Once the car's there I won't let it bother me. But until then, I'll just depend on Jesus to get me through, and my car.

If I never post again, mayhap my car blew up.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights, amigos...

No comments: