Thursday, June 10, 2010

Home Made Animated Video, Mortal Kombat, Fallout 3, and Free Brandon Sanderson

Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this post in no way reflect the thoughts and opinions of the site but are the sole property and ideals of the author.  Please direct all concerns to the appropriate places.

I recently found this awesome website that lets you animate and create your own movies.  It's pretty simple, too, so I made one.  Give it a watch and enjoy.  The script is a little weak, but I think it's a tad humorous.  Good enough for a spur of the moment kind of thing.  You can check out the site here.



Remember those Mortal Kombat movies?  I try not to, but they're there, taking up useless brain space.  The Geeks of Doom put up this amazing discovery of what a Mortal Kombat movie should be, complete with a dark and gritty trailer.  Check out the article and watch the video here.  The embed is too big to post.

Looks pretty cool to me.  Too bad the likelihood of it actually being developed is rather low, but if it ever did, I'd definitely watch it.  I have too many fond memories of playing MK.  I've played practically every one of them up to Deception, and most of them have always been enjoyable.  Sigh.  They just don't make wantonly violent games like they used to.

"I don't want to set the world on fire..."  Clint and I started a new game of Fallout 3 last night.  I haven't played in a long time (and never on my PS3), so it was fun to start.  I transferred my saved game file from William's system and the thing loaded right up on my system.  I really wasn't expecting that.  However, I didn't unlock any of the trophies I was supposed to unlock from when I started a new game, so I'm wondering if the transfer has anything to do with it.  Anyway, the last time I played through Fallout I ended up being the Scourge of Humanity, but that was the plan all along.  I just couldn't help myself when it came to Megaton's fate...  So this time I'm on a path of righteousness, trying to do things good for the most part.  So far, so good.  Of course, I only just started last night and I've still not beat Heavy Rain (which will happen either this weekend or next week while Keisha is gone), so I have a long road ahead of me.

I think my friend Adam is going to hang out with me this weekend.  Maybe we can get in some disc golf or tennis if it doesn't rain.  I still don't have internet connection at home (it's been gone since 5/26), but that's supposed to be remedied by this weekend or next.

Ooh.  I think my Firefly blu-ray should be arriving today...

Finally, Pat from the Hotlist posted up a link that Tor.com is offering the Prelude, Prologue, and first three chapters of Brandon Sanderson's epic work The Way of Kings.  Read 'em all right here and get excited with me.  I can't wait for this series.

2 comments:

David Wagner said...

I've been seeing that Mortal Combat preview around the last few days, but haven't watched it. Think I'll check it out now...

:O - AAA! A talking muffin!

Fallout 3 is a terrific game. Best game of the year last year, I thought. I'm looking forward to New Vegas in a couple months... I try to be a bad guy in games like that, but I can never do it... I always end of being as "goody-goody" as you can get...

I will DEFINITELY go right to the Sanderson link after I post this comment. Thanks a ton.

logankstewart said...

@Dave: I thought the preview was cool. That was my favorite joke when I was little.

Fallout 3 was probably my favorite game I played last year. I'm definitely getting New Vegas when it comes out. I want to try some of the DLC for the game, but I'll have to wait, I suppose.