Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Dark Tower

Recently I began reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I had heard of the books, but I'm not much into King. However, after reading book one, The Gunslinger, I was enthralled. King creates a world of magic and terror and gunslingers and magicians and doors and riddles and enough coincidence/fate to keep me page turning. The books are quite amazing, to say the least.

King says that he loved The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, as well as The Lord of the Rings, and this book is kind of a twisted story containing both. The gunslinger, Roland, is on a quest for the Dark Tower, and after book one, the reader still knows very little at all. Book two, The Drawing of the Three, is much better than The Gunslinger. I highly recommend this series for everyone who loves fantasy, sci-fi, etc. Beware, though, there is some vulgarity and profanity along the way to the Tower, but pay it no heed.

No comments: