Tuesday, October 31, 2006

the second post

The first post concerned itself with Pain, namely that of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The second post deals with my other love, that of my fiancee, Keisha L Miller.

I've known Keisha for much of my life, both being from a small town (a hamlet, if you will). And we've lived less than a mile apart for the past years. Somewhere along life's way she developed an attraction for me. I do not know why, but she did. And one year she asked me to go to a dance with her. Foolishly, as all young boys are, I said no.

It may have been there that I first started falling for the girl that I rejected. I thought it amazing that someone as cute as her would like me, but as a shy one, and a devoted one to studies, I said no. Infatuation somehow works itself into the mind, though, and my studies eventually became second. But I get ahead of myself.

My senior year of high school I decided that I finally was going to let her know how I felt. It had been a while since I said "no", and so I hoped that her feelings had not changed. So one morning I found her alone (a terribly hard way to get a high school girl) and pulled up a chair by her. My whiskers were rough; my hands shook; my voice wavered. "Do you wanna go to Winter Ball with me?" Or something of that nature. Luckily she said aye. Which, honestly, my memory doesn't let me remember much of that, unless, of course, you call Keisha my memory.

Since then we've dated. Practically. I never did technically ask her to be my girlfriend. I did, however, ask her to be my wife. She agreed. And so, Cinco de Mayo, 2007, we are to be wed. And she still loves me, and I still really have no reason why. She is beautiful and sweet and smart and funny and good and I really don't deserve her love, but I am so thankful to have it. God truly is a good God. He loves me. He showers me with blessings abundant. All of my praise goes to Him.

May your days be long and your nights pleasant, amigo...

No comments: