Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Recovery

Many of you may be aware of my recent bout with illness. Not the normal coughing, sneezing, running nose run-of-the-mill common cold, but a vomiting, abdominal pain, diahrreatic old-time case of bubonic plague. Needless to say, it was something I hope to never endure again.

I'm really not sure how I contracted the disease, and the doctors were really uncertain, too. It turns out, in real life hospitals things that happen on House or ER don't actually happen. So, I was practically bed bound and full of discomfort. My lungs actually felt like they were going to stop functioning.

Ultimately the plague was eradicated from my system, thanks to the wonders of technology and the miracles of modern medicine. But, being without insurance for the past several years, and still without, there remains the unpaid bill. I'm really not sure how that's going to be taken care of, but I'm sure it will. If not, Keisha, Stella, and I will just pack up and head to Londontown.

One thing I learned from my experience was a greater understanding of the people that endured the Black Death. I'm just thankful that I really never actually got the disease, and subsequently ne'er had to go to l'hopital, thus I don't have an unpaid bill, hence this whole post is untrue. Anyway.

Say hello to your grandmother for me, will ya?

No comments: