Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On Mistborn (spoiler free)

I'm currently reading Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. This book received a whole lot of praise, as did its author, and so I decided to peruse its pages. It didn't take very long for me to understand why this book got the attention it did. The main characters, Vin and Kelsier, are extremely believable and lovable. The depth of the world, the Final Empire, is steeped in an almost dystopic society. I particularly love the beginning of each chapter, but I cannot say why for fear of any possible spoilers.

I think one reason why I like this book so much is similar to the reason why I loved the Name of the Wind: these books, though fantasy, are believable. The fantasy works very well for the setting.

I can't really say much about this book, as I'm not finished, but I can tell you that I am enjoying it very much. And knowing that the entire series is out there in print makes it even more appealing. If you're looking for a good book to get sucked into, Mistborn is it.

For now, friends, don't let the Smurf's find ye.

1 comment:

marky said...

Added to the list, thank you.