Saturday, April 18, 2009

ArcGIS Final



This map is a research project I did for my final in ArcGIS. I think it's pretty simple, yet cool enough to look at and see. The most remarkable thing about this project is the fact that most of Jefferson County is some sort of impermeable surface, and of that imperviousness, 37% is subdivisions!

I think maps generated using the ArcMap software are pretty remarkable. Flashy, stylish, and simple, they look like they belong in textbooks. I really enjoy this class.

Let me know if you have any questions.

It's a marvelous night for a moondance.

8 comments:

marky said...

Let me know if you have any questions.
===================================
Dangerous! How many cowboys does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Ahh, it's also a fantabulous night to make romance!

logankstewart said...

How many cowboys, Marky? How many? (Nice picture, by the way.)

marky said...

Cheers, Logan. I was messing about with Adobe Photoshop. It's absolutely terrible to work with. I went crazy with the pointyness of my beard too. Mmmm, pointy.

It takes two cowboys. One to change it, and one to sing about the old one.

I'll get ma coat.

Sailor Matt said...

Ooh, I got one! How many managers does it take to watch a seasoning bucket empty out? Apparently last night it took 4. Standing there. For an hour and a half. And at the end... "Nope, nothing wrong here. The problem must be somewhere else."

I stayed late for THAT.

Nice picture, marky. Nice maps, Mr. K Stewart.

wv: rephool. To be phooled again.

MT said...

where do you go to school? My father teaches ArcGIS at Penn...

logankstewart said...

Matt, I have just finished my Masters at the University of Louisville. ArcGIS has been one of my favorite classes I've ever had. The program is super powerful and mindblowing at what all it can do.

MT said...

Have you had to ready Geographic Information Systems and Cartographic Modeling?

logankstewart said...

Mattson: I have not. I'm not entirely sure what that means. Sounds interesting, though, as maps are a thing of beauty.