Monday, June 01, 2009

A Quick Update (complete with some miscellany)

We moved into our new house on Friday, 5/29. We are now officially homeowners. Everything went smoothly. I signed a million or so papers. The weather was nice for moving. The piano was not as heavy as expected. The weekend went by very, very fast. I'll be hopefully getting cable & internet for home this week. I'll hopefully get the piano tuned this week. I think I might cook tuna for supper tonight. My coffee cup is Darth Vader's head. I bought some new Sketchers. I also bought a pair of Levi's for $11! The ink pen on my stack of papers is a green Pilot Razor Point. Hopefully all the boxes will be unpacked within the next week or two. I like the radio feature on iTunes. I'm going to a Dulcimer Festival this weekend.

3 comments:

marky said...

Levis for $11!?! Bargain.

A Darth mug you say, you've gone too far with the star wars love! Too far.

Good luck in the new house. It must be a relief to finally be in. How much is the x-wing wallpaper going to set you back? ;-)

Oh, and I had to Google Dulcimer. Us RC's have a similar thing called charismatic meetings. It involves a huge amount of woolly jumpers, and red hands from happy clapping.

logankstewart said...

That surprises me, Marky, about googling "dulcimer", since much of their music is of the highland type. I have an Appalachian Dulcimer, hand carved and pretty. There is also the Hammered Dulcimer type, which produces a fuller sound and has about a million strings on it.

X-wing wall paper. Hah! Keisha would kill me...

marky said...

Nope, I still can't place the name. I've been to a fair few folk nights, so I've no doubt seen a Dulcimer at some point. Shona’s giving me abuse because she knows what it is. She was brought up in a house full of accordion and bagpipe players. I was raised on a diet of Rock. I didn’t really like folk music until I was in my late twenties. Springsteen, among others got me into it. (His Seeger sessions album is truly brilliant. The man’s a genius.)

If you ever get to Scotland, I think you would love the Mull Festival. It’s a wild weekend of full on folk. You would even get a chance to jam with some of the bands!

Just use the force on the wife! I feel it is strong with you.