Wednesday, September 02, 2009

It's a Long John Silvers Day

I think the title says it all. Verily, fast food doesn't get much better than greasy batter-dipped fish and high-calorie fries. And, if the situation couldn't get any more perfect, the post man delivered a fistful of coupons yesterday, one page of which was devoted to Long John Silvers. That means that my lunch plans today, since Keisha is away and off to class, will involve me, Joe Abercrombie, and Captain Long John Silver.

I came across this really cool software yesterday, called TablEdit. It basically will transcribe tunes and put them in a tab version for guitar players. However, the software can also give tabs for many other instruments, like the mandolin (yay!) and dulcimer (yay!). The real beauty of it, though, is that I'm trying to learn some of these Old Time and Traditional songs, but I don't know how they go. TablEdit has a built in MIDI player that will play the songs, too. Pretty cool stuff, all in all.

My best friend (other than Keisha) has got a job in Chattanooga, TN, which is about 4-5 hours from my house. He's going to be moving down there this week, but he'll be back for Labor Day weekend. Hopefully we'll get to hang out for a bit before he goes off to work. It's kind of bittersweet, as the job will be great, but the convenience of hanging out will be not-so-great. But, we'll always have Gmail Chat and our phones.

I've been staying up late reading Before They Are Hanged. I haven't done that with a book in a while, but this series is just so captivating. Hopefully I'll have a review up tomorrow or Friday.

I think I'll cut this post short and post up the next part of the story I've been toying around with. Owls go HOOT and Eagles go KEER!
--
Song Lyric: "It's always the same but it just a shame, that's all."--Genesis, That's All

No comments: