Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My iPod Journey: Recap, Conclusions, and Where To Next?

The journey through the many albums on my iPod has now reached its conclusion. I hope that I've introduced you to some new music, or music that you'd like to explore more. I'm sure that if I re-listened to my music I would probably classify the albums differently, but that's part of the beauty that is music. One day you may feel like soft and melancholic music is what you need, and you'll shun the loud rock. The same is true for all other emotions.

I believe that music and emotions/psyche/vibe are strongly linked together. When Summer begins to thaw the ice of Spring and the sun rears its head up, I can't help but feel like I should be listening to the Beach Boys. When it's pouring down rain and gloomy outside, my body feels hardwired to play songs to fit this mood. That said, the human mood is one of the factors that skews the data collected through this journey, but I'm mostly satisfied with the results.

Furthermore, because one album ranks higher than another, that does not necessarily mean that I prefer the higher ranked to the lower ranked. I like most of the songs that are on my iPod, which only makes sense. Otherwise I'd just delete the space they're consuming to make room for other things.

Once again, thanks for following me on this journey, for taking my recommendations (if you did), and for keeping up with this blog. I hope it was as enjoyable for you as it was for me.

Next up on Rememorandom? In terms of statistics, it's stochastic. Probably more reviews, musings, art, and other purposed nonsense. Until then, remember, be kind to the rhino and when you get gored you'll at least have a clean conscious.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I approve of the use of stochastic and I'm looking forward to the other purposed nonsense you post.

Oh, good advise about the rhino!

David Wagner said...

Awesome accomplishment. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Weird Al for President!

Now, to go look up stochastic...

Krista said...

I had loads of fun! Looking forward to future Rememorandom craziness...LOL!

logankstewart said...

@Crystal: I learned that word in my Advanced Prob & Stats class, and I've liked it ever after.

@David: Thanks, and I'd vote for Weird Al, too.

@Krista: There's always plenty o' crazy going around, if I can only capture it and put it down...