Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mattson Tomlin's Free Film Friday #3

Hello blog friends and followers and general people of the world,

This is a quick message to inform you that Mattson Tomlin is having another Free Film Friday on his blog.  The first four commenters win free DVDs from this up-and-coming director.  Two spots have already been taken.  I don't know Mattson personally, but I met him in the blogosphere and I've enjoyed following his rising career.  You can find his blog here or by clicking on the link on the right bar of my blog.  If you go and comment (and I strongly urge you to do so), tell him I recommended you if you'd be so kind.  I've already watched one of the features that will be on this DVD, an interpretation of "Solomon Grundy," and I enjoyed it.

Again, if you want to check out an up-and-coming director with an eye and ear for catchy film, you should comment on this blog post (and tell him I sent you).  It's free, after all.  Plus you get to see some cool stuff.

Mattson's been a follower of this blog for a while and I his, so be sure to check it out.  And even if you don't make it before the spots are taken, still check out his site and follow his adventures.  I've reviewed one of Mattson's first films, The Projectionists, here on my blog, if you're interested.

Thanks and enjoy.

2 comments:

Kristopher A. Denby said...

I check out his site and made a comment. Yesterday was not so good at work, and so I was up at 3am this morning unable to sleep. I watched Solomon Grundy and have to admit I was engaged by it.

But this whole thing has made me think about running contests and giveaways in the interest of social marketing and engaging new readers. I've seen this a bunch lately, and I'm just trying to figure out an angle of approach.

logankstewart said...

Hey Denby, sorry your couldn't sleep. I was intrigued by the film, too, and I thought some of his other stuff looked pretty cool.

The giveaways I typically don't do, but I do enter some. (I've actually got one book to giveaway coming up in about two weeks, one supplied by a publisher I review from, but that's just a coincidence). Engaging new readers and getting a following is tough, methinks, because I want to give time to every blog I follow, so I don't follow a billion of them. I hope that made sense.

Get some sleep!