Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Writing Wednesdays: The Absurdly Epic Tragedy of Oscambria (Transition)

As I mentioned previously, last week ended Book One of the story of Oscambria.  If you missed any of it and wish to catch up or re-read, click here.  (You can also follow the super special link at the end of the post, too, which is what I would recommend.)  Today I present the next book, in its entirety.

-----------------

Book One-and-a-Half: A Transition

XIII.
There is no Canto XIII.
Even I’m not as bold as to make a XIIIth song.
Oscambria’s tale is filled with enough woe and ill luck.
There’s no reason for me to add more under this foul number.
Rest easy, children,
For this story teller does not tempt Taipeos,
Not now, not ever.

-----------------

I’ve debated off and on whether or not to include this link as a special addition to the story.  Basically, my manservant Cornelius Antonin Scruzz created a wiki-like site that I (and others) can use for referencing.  He’s spent a few hours working on the site and I think it looks pretty good.  The site is full of juicy background information and worldbuilding goodness.  Curious about the many gods of the lands?  Want to read the entire epic on one page?  Just want to see what the site looks like?  It’s all there, and then some.  The site is still a work in progress, but I think Cornelius has done rather well.  Again, the link is available here.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

That website is awesome!! It's everything I wanted to know, but never thought to ask! Your manservant deserves a high five!!

logankstewart said...

Hey, thanks Crystal. I'll take the credit and not tell Cornelius. He'll develop an ego if I don't keep a firm hand on him.

And thanks for reading and commenting. I really appreciate it.