Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Things

It's Friday.  That must mean that it's time for a list or something.

  • If you've not ordered Pat Rothfuss' The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle, then you've still got two days left to get in the preorder and get free shipping.  The book will be shipping out soon, and I for one cannot wait.  Click here for more info, or here to order.
  • The new preview trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows looks promising.  Should be another fun movie.
  • I can't get "D'yer Mak'er" out of my head.  It's been a Zeppelin kind of week.
  • I've only got the finale left of Avatar: the Last Airbender.  I'm sad to see it ending.
  • Bachelor party tonight at my house for Spenser.  I think we're going disc golfing as soon as I get home from work, then we'll probably go out for steaks or something.  When that's finished we'll head back to Stewartland for poker or board games or PS3.  Then tomorrow morning Spense and I have a tennis match at 8:30.  Should be fun.
  • I'll be picking Keisha up from the airport tomorrow afternoon sometime.  She's nervous about flying.  Since I haven't seen her in a week, I'm going to take her out on a date tomorrow.  We may even go watch Toy Story.  And I think I'll swing by Gamestop and put my pre-order down on Fallout.
  • Thanks to James at Speculative Horizons for pointing out this great write-up for Neil Gaiman's The Sandman.  Just reading that makes me want to read the series again.  If only I had money to buy the beautiful Absolute editions.  And if you've ne'er read The Sandman, DO IT NOW.
  • Driving out to My Old Kentucky Home on Sunday for an afternoon wedding.  Yes, it's Fathers Day and yes MOKH is three hours away, but still, a wedding is in order.  Plus, I don't really celebrate Fathers Day...
  • Oh oh oh oh oh oh... you don't have to go oh oh oh oh oh...
  • Hahahahahahahaha
  • Well, I guess that about does it.  Happy pleasant weekend, friends.  Steer clear of the alpaca cages.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like an exciting weekend. Have fun!

Marie Cloutier said...

toy story- yes, I must go see that this weekend! thanks for the reminder!

David Wagner said...

No! No, I won't read Sandman! I won't! Not now, not ever!

OK, maybe at some point in the future, but NOT NOW! I won't! So stop asking!!!1!

logankstewart said...

@Angie: Indeed, now I'm exhausted and ready for the next weekend.

@Marie: I hope you enjoy it.

@David: I'm not sure that I was asking anybody to read the Sandman. It seems kind of like I'm telling you to read it. Commanding you. Insisting. Certainly not asking.