- I will be leaving for a short vacation next week. The wife and I, plus the In-Laws, are all heading down to the Smoky Mountains for a few days. We've got a cabin reserved, and now that autumnal weather has finally arrived, it'll be a perfect and much-needed escape. Hopefully I'll get in some heavy reading time.
- I found out last week that I made an error at work a few months back. This error is basically at the Step One level of my project, and everything that's done afterward (and based on said error) is also incorrect. Because of that, I've been terribly busy, scrambling to correct my mistake and get this thing finished.
- Netflix has got to be the coolest thing ever. I'm not sure why it took me so long to sign up for it, but it's awesome. Not only is every season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer available for Instant Streaming, but it's letting me catch up with other shows that I wanted to watch but never could (i.e. How I Met Your Mother.)
- I bought Red Dead Redemption a few weeks ago, but have yet found time to play it. My Dragon Age: Origins ground to a stop about the same time. However, with Fallout: New Vegas soon to hit shelves, and my deposit already down, I'll be getting back into gaming relatively soon.
- Keisha's been called to substitute teach for seven days in a row now, which is awesome.
- I found out that, for some reason, I've not been paying property taxes. My house was built in May 2009, and since taxes are assessed on January 1, my 09 taxes were on undeveloped land. However, as of January 1 2010, the land was developed and, apparently, my escrow was supposed to have gone up. As a new homeowner, as well as someone who is competent with money but doesn't necessarily understand insurance and taxes, this error went unnoticed until Sunday. I'm not sure what's going to happen, and frankly I'm a little nervous, but I know it'll all work out.
- Finally, I recorded a new cover that I'm mostly proud of. You can watch it here or on the video below.
I've not had time to really finish the planned next installment of my Writing Wednesday's The Reformed, but I've got a piece that should work for tomorrow. Hopefully I can find time to finish the planned piece and post it up next week.