Like the first rejection, my short story "The Bombing of Morrta" has been rejected again. This letter was nice, though.
Thank for submitting "The Bombing of Morrta" to Abyss & Apex. I found the story engaging and well written, but unfortunately we are going to pass.
Best of luck in placing your story elsewhere.
We really do appreciate you letting us see your work.
Abyss & Apex
Hey, at least they found it "engaging" and "well-written." Sigh. Now, off to submit again, I suppose. Why not?
Bits & Pieces
- Only about 150 pages or so left of The Passage. This book has been quite enjoyable, just long, with lots of words per page, too.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers are so hit and miss. Sufjan Stevens is mostly hit. Tim McGraw is always miss.
- I miss Lost.
- For some reason, The Passage has been taking precedence over New Vegas, but not for much longer.
- Recent acquisition: The Long Price Quartet Book One (A Shadow in Summer) and Book Two (A Betrayal in Winter). I’m looking forward to diving into this highly acclaimed series early next year, methinks.
- Gotta spend $1.87 at Borders before 10/31 and I’ll become a Borders Gold Member. Not sure what that means, but I’m gonna be making a trip to the bookstore tomorrow!
- Check out Mattson Tomlin’s newest Kickstarter project, “Dream Lover,” and donate a dollar while you’re there.
- I found this new (well, new to me) Star Wars satire web comic called “Blue Milk Special.” I’ve cracked up more than a few times. Check it out here.