Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Temptation of Adam

I've been a Josh Ritter fan for a while now.  The guy may possibly be the best songwriter alive today.  In particular, I've been playing over and over "The Temptation of Adam."  Going superlative again, it may be one of the best love songs out there, albeit cryptic and apocalyptic.  Not too many songs out there like this one.

If there's only one song you're going to listen to today, let it be Josh Ritter's "Temptation of Adam."  If you like it, check out the rest of his stuff.  Phenomenal. Makes me think of Fallout 3 for some reason.

Oh, and then there's his ubiquitous "Girl in the War," the song that first got me interested in Mr. Ritter.

Josh is one of the greatest folk artists out there now, and I just had to share what's been in my head for a good, long time.  If it sounds like I'm gushing, I may be, but if I could play, write, and sing like Josh Ritter, I wouldn't complain.  If you've never heard of Josh Ritter, check out his stuff!

No comments: