Friday, March 15, 2013

A Son is Born


Callum Reid Stewart.

His coming into this world was an adventure fraught with metric tonnes of ennui and kilo-hours of hospital lounging.  Keisha developed really high blood pressure (like she did with Avonlea) and was admitted to the hospital for monitoring on February 22.  She stayed there for 18 days or so.  I stayed pretty much there with her every night, except on the weekends, when I picked up Avonlea from Mimi's and we went home.

Then, on the morning of March 11, Keisha was taken over to surgery where they performed a natural C-section.  The OR was sterile and cold.  The blood and fluids were all around.  The numbing agent dried on her stomach at 6:33am and surgery commenced.  At 6:37am the sounds of a baby wailing were heard.  He weighed 7lb1oz and measured 18.5" long.  Huge to Avonlea's 4lb9oz weight.


Having a son is totally different than a daughter.  Avonlea is 21 months old now.  She's very interested in Callum.  "That's a baby," she says.  Indeed, that's a baby.  That's my baby.

And we're home, resting, tired, busy.  The life God has blessed me with is wonderfully exciting.  I look forward to the future of the Stewart Family.

#jotm

7 comments:

Bill said...

Congratulations, Logan! How very very exciting. I hope Keisha, Avonlea, baby Callum, and of course Papa Stewart are all doing well and get plenty of rest. If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to select his names?
Take care and I look forward to meeting the little tyke some day!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! I am so glad Keisha and baby are well and I hope Keisha recovers quick and smooth. So very excited for all of you!

~L

Carl V. Anderson said...

Congratulations to you both! What a handsome young man! I'm so happy for you both and look forward to seeing how Avonlea adapts to being a big sister. God bless all of you!

Okie said...

Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATUFREAKINLATIONS!

This is so so awesome, dude. I'm so happy for you guys and glad that you have a son.

logankstewart said...

@Everyone: Thank you all very much. It's quite a tiring time at Stewartland right now.

@Bill: The name came from various different sources. We wanted something refined enough to pair well with "Avonlea", something uncommon, and something with a Scot-Irish flavoring. In a baby name book we came across "Callum" and liked it. Thus, the name. I just thought Reid sounded good with Callum. The Stewart part stems from his paterfamilias. Hope all is going great for you.

David Wagner said...

Congrats, bro. Excellent news, indeed.