Monday, February 01, 2010

The Weekend: A Simple Recap

Quite a cram-packed weekend.  The snowstorm came on Friday, dumping around four inches or so in OBKY.  When I took Stella out Saturday morning the stuff was so deep around Stewartland that she was covered up to almost her neck.  Stella, with her thick hair, did not like it.

Friday night Keisha and I watched Monsters Versus Aliens.  It had several funny parts and an okay plot, but it didn’t do it for me.  Definitely not as good as some other Dreamworks animated films, but better than others.

Saturday morning we watched Valkyrie.  I’m not sure what the point is in watching a movie where you know the ending, but I did watch it.  Maybe I was interested in seeing people oppose Hitler.  Regardless, the ending was (predictably) sad.

Saturday afternoon/evening we went out and ate with some friends.  Then we came back to Stewartland and played Monopoly for a few hours.  I love playing board games.  Scrabble is definitely one of my favorites.  Apples to Apples is fun, too.  After Monopoly was over we played Mario Party for the Wii, staying up late, since church was canceled.

Sunday afternoon we went to the homeless shelter and held the worship service.  I didn’t feel too good.  I woke up with a headache and a stuffy nose and was kind of sick at my stomach a bit.  But I still played guitar and sang.  In the cold room of the shelter my fingers were chilled and I sucked it up with the guitar and my stuffiness made my voice off, but in the end we worshipped God with our hearts, and that’s all that matters.

Sunday night we watched a bit of the Grammy’s (not sure why), but I soon gave up.  I went upstairs and read for an hour or so.  I’m about 60% through Green now.  Hopefully I’ll start Best Served Cold before the week ends.

I had an overwhelming response to my giveaway of Tea with Hezbollah, which I reviewed here.  There were two entries.  I had two books.  That said, congratulations Dave and Alex.  Please send me an email with your mailing address and I’ll ship these books out pronto.  (Also, Kris, I’ll ship you the Abercrombie books, too.  I got your address.)

That’s it.  This bitter tasting bile that’s in my mouth prohibits me from going any farther.  The emptiness in my gut causes a lapsing in my brain and my ability to think coherently and reasonably suffers.  I try to push it out of my head but it seeps in if I don’t keep it in check.  People never cease to amaze me.

1 comment:

David Wagner said...

If you ever get a Facebook account and let me be your "friend", we can get some Facebook Scrabble games going... since you enjoy the game! MUAHAHAHA!!!

Hope you feel better soon. Sounds miserable. Try some tea! If that don't work, there's always an energy drink over crushed ice... I swore off them for the year, so that means more for you...