Tuesday, March 24, 2009

On Gadgets

First off, I recommend you reading this article. It's titled "Gadgets That Make You Look Like A Jerk."

If you're too lazy to do so, the article lists 7 gadgets that you might just look cooler without. The aforementioned technologies are:

1. Blackberry
2. Bluetooth Earbud
3. TiVo
4. Apple's MacBook Air
5. iPod accessories
6. Linux
7. Segway

Personally, I don't own a Blackberry (or an iPhone), and if I did I don't think I would get much use out of it. My schedule, while busy, is not that complex and labyrinthine. As for the earbuds... well, I think those people look ridiculous. Sure, they're safer while driving, but probably not as safe as driving without talking on the phone at all. Sure, they let you free up your hands, but you still look like you're talking to yourself. TiVo? I don't know anyone that has TiVo, but I know people with satellites where they can record their shows and do all the stuff TiVo can. I have no qualms with TiVo. The MacBook Air is too light, too thin, too Apple-y, too sleek, too superfluous, and too much of a let down. I do own an iPod, which I listen to quite often. I don't, however, own any accessories, unless you count my awesome iPod cover. Linux is powerful, but cumbersome, and I'm not that tech savvy to get it. And the Segway. When I hear that word, I immediately think of Gob from Arrested Development, which makes me smile. There's no way that the Segway will ever succeed, unless everyone suddenly gets a crippling disease an prohibits walking.

Anyway, I just thought that I would share that with you. The list was interesting. The original article was, too. Good luck, folks. Be careful while you're shaving.

1 comment:

marky said...

Shaving is for lady types.

That's one cool IPod cover. As soon as I buy a camera I will show you some Star wars stuff that'll blow your socks off! All this will happen when I take that first step into the year 2009, and actually purchase a soul stealer.

I would love a Segway, but only if I could keep it a secret from the rest of Glasgow. I fear if I was spotted on one of them, I'd be found in the local canal the next day!