Saturday, August 01, 2009

Read and Share Toddler Bible, written by Gwen Ellis, illustrated by Steve Smallman


This book is a Bible for young children, full of beautiful illustrations and wonderful stories. Created to share the Word of God with toddlers, it serves as a great tool for introducing many of the important stories from the Bible from an early age. This book is perfect for toddlers and young children just learning to read.

I found this children's Bible to be thorough and simple. Each story references the Scripture from which it was taken, and at the end of each section there is a special note for parents to use to connect the story to "real life". The use of onomatopoeia's, such as Clipety-Clop, allow the reader to animate the story vocally, which works well combined with the colorful illustrations. The illustrations were beautiful, fascinating, and fun to look at, and will surely interest the toddler's eyes and imagination.

I felt that the author captured the main themes of the Bible well and presented them in a fashion that toddler's would enjoy and learn from. By combining the illustrations, parent connections, and actual Scripture-based words, this toddler's Bible may work as a successful book, though with the temperamental attention spans of some toddlers, it may be tough to keep them focused.

In addition to the actual book, a bonus DVD is included, which contains an hour of fourteen Bible stories. This is great for children of all ages, even as young as infants.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I'll have to look for this. Can you get it at any bookstore or is it one you need to go to a Bible store to get? Thanks, by the way, Logan!

My little girl will be 2 in November, and she's starting to bring books for me to read to her while she sits in my lap. But, mind you, it's never for very long, but I'm just glad she's letting me read to her at all. She used to never sit still! I think it's because she always sees Mommy with books, and boy do I hope she picks up my love of reading!

logankstewart said...

Krista, the book is available on Amazon and in Bible book stores that sell Thomas Nelson books, which should be most of them, I believe. Amazon would be the cheapest bet, probably.

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista said...

Thanks, Logan, I'll have to get Aubriannah a copy. She'll enjoy the book as well as the DVD, I'm sure.