Sunday, July 05, 2009

Wimbledon 2009

Congratulations Roger Federer. You deserved the win at Wimbledon, though I wasn't sure whether or not you'd pull it off at some points.

I've always been a Federer fan, since before he dominated the tennis scene. Mostly because he plays with a one-handed backhand, which is the backhand style I have. And then Federer took off, destroying Grand Slam after Slam. He held the Number 1 rank in the tennis world for a record breaking 237 consecutive weeks until he lost it to Nadal. Today he won his 15th Grand Slam, the world record, passing Pete Sampras' 14 Slams.

Federer played amazing tennis, firing 50 aces at Andy Roddick and winning in a 4+ hour match.

I really like tennis. I played in high school, and I still play. It's a fun sport, a challenging sport, and an excellent tool for excercise and friendship. If you've never played, you should try. It's not too complicated in the rules, and it'll help you get some exercise.

No comments: